Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy 100: Reject and Repeat

This is my one hundredth post. Huzzah!!!

I wanted it to be a special post, full of happiness and joy, an uplifting experience for my readers and fellow scribes. Bluecat stuffed that up.

They have posted a list of the top ten percent of entries to this year's competition and I'm not on the list; in fact nobody I know is. To make matters worse I lost out to such titles as, 'The Cult Of The Severed Head', 'Dogs Always Know' and 'Every Time I Go To Staten Island Something Bad Happens'. I think my title must have sucked in comparison. See the full list here.

Anyway, here are other important dates from Bluecat:

Semi-finalists will be announced July 15th, Finalists on July 22nd and our Winner on August 1st.

All analysis will be sent by August 1st.

3 comments:

Phill Barron said...

No rejection is personal, repeat that a 100 times before bedtime. Andy Phillips of Pillock's Pad fame got through.

martin said...

unlucky dom, i fell at the first the first hurdle too. Did you check the list twice, all the way through, even though it was in alphabeticacal order? And then check it again.

Not that I did of course...

Dominic Carver said...

Pillock should win, if only because he's the only one of us who made it into the ten percent.