Wednesday, January 04, 2012

LOST SOUL Day 4

So 6 pages yesterday. I did set myself a target of 10 but decided to get a couple of other things out of the way, like my Red Planet entry. Very happy with where I am today. The eldest boy went back to nursery this morning so I should be able to write 10 pages easily, as I won't have to contend with him interrupting me every five minutes.

Wrote my first really meaty scene yesterday and it was great fun to finally get to the emotional core of the story. I'm also really pleased about the ending to the scene I came up with, it's really powerful and sets things up beautifully. The great thing is it just came to me as I was writing it.

Right, no time to waste, must get on with it.

4 comments:

Dominic Carver said...

Sometimes I get stuck on words. I'm trying to think of the perfect word for a room a character is waiting in before going into a boardroom. So far it's taken me 20 minutes. I'm an idiot, what a waste of time.

What I should have done is just put anything in and mark it with a scriptnote (I use Final Draft) so I can come back to it later. Stopping interrupts the flow of writing.

As I said, I'm an idiot. Just for that I'm denying myself a cup of tea as punishment. That'll teach me.

Dominic Carver said...

Went to lunch and came back to an email from an agent inquiring if I was still looking for one... work halted temporarily to write reply :-)

Dominic Carver said...

Can't seem to concentrate now... funny that!

Dominic Carver said...

Done today, as the end of act one is giving me trouble. I don't like how it ends and I'm sure I can think of a better way...I just need time.

6 pages done today, now 21 in total so I'm ahead of my schedule.

Need to go and give my head a rest.