Only two days to go, so here's a reminder of some of the more important things you need to do before, and while you're at the festival.
- Remember your business cards, you'll need them.
- Remember your one page pitches, but only hand them out if asked for one.
- Don't worry too much about missing a session if networking is going well, as the sessions are filmed and will be available on the delegates network after the festival.
- Don't hang around people you know, go and mingle, talk to as many new people as possible.
- Be brave.
- Ask them about what they do and what they're working on, show an interest in their work and don't rabbit on about yourself.
- Take every opportunity to network.
- Stick to one drink in the evenings at the bar, so you can continue to network and don't come across as a dribbling drunk.
- Buy people drinks, they'll love you for it.
- Turn up early, go home late.
- Make as many notes about what you learn as you can - remember to write these out in longer form as soon as you get home from the festival, as they won't make any sense in a months time.
- Be polite, friendly and professional at all times. You're promoting yourself here.
- Follow up any chats after the festival with an email.
- Listen, learn, absorb.
- There is no such thing as luck, only hard work and persistence pays off.
Now pitch me.