Friday, February 26, 2010

The Long Haul

Four months ago I was approached by a foreign production company and asked to submit episode ideas for a TV series they were developing. It's my first experience with working for TV and I have to admit I thought things would move a lot faster. But they aren't, and my impatient self is chomping at the bit to get going.

However, I'm learning a valuable lesson; not all things in TV land move quickly. Some projects stall for various reasons, and some stop all together. There's a lot of work that goes into coordinating several writers at the same time, making sure their script ideas match that of the show, and blend seamlessly in with those episodes of the other writers. So I have to sit back and be patient, enjoy the process and not let the occasional lack of movement get to me. The collaborative process is meant to be fun after all.

Hopefully when things get sorted I'll have three episodes, or maybe just two if my idea for the series finale isn't suitable. It's great to be writing again and even greater to be involved with something that will actually be made. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments: