Monday, November 15, 2010

Short Film Scripts Part 2

So the last shout out about my short films scripts pretty much emptied me out and now there are several of my short film scripts, at various stages of production, all over the world. It's good to know that my work is interesting to other people and not just myself.

What now?

I want to write some more short film scripts and see them get made, but time is precious at the moment so this is what I have decided to do. If you want a script then email me from my website. If you're happy to pay for the work I'll write you your own special edition script for £150 (£75 up front and the further £75 on delivery of the script), giving you as many rewrites or changes as you like up to, and including, the last day of shooting. It's not just a matter of writing the script and taking the money, it's more of a complete package. My aim is whatever you need I will try and deliver. That is my promise.

Why £150?

Simple! This is for two reasons: (1) I am now self employed and need to earn money to feed my children, and (2) the charge is there to prevent time wasters, because you would not believe how many people say they will film a script, hold on to it for months and then drop it. Seriously there are a lot of those kind of people out there, which is a great shame.

So go and look at my website, read my SERVICES page and let me know if I can help you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to do what you're doing, namely making a living strictly from writing. How difficult was it to make the decision to go self employed? What advice would you give anyone wanting to do the same?

Dominic Carver said...

Hi Marc

Read this post about that very question: http://doms-world.blogspot.com/2010/09/taking-risk.html

It was an easy decision at the time, but you have to make sure it's the right one for you. If it's going to cause big financial problems then the time is not right. It's always better to have a good amount of money behind you, as well as work coming in before you take the plunge.

I'm lucky because I have the back up of some steady pay as a community publisher for a local website which allows me to be self employed. If I didn't have that I would not have left my last job.

If you think being a writer is tough, then being a self employed one is a million more times so.

Fun and scary at the same time.