Wednesday, October 31, 2018

COWBOYS CAN FLY - GETTING A MOVIE MADE - PART ONE

Making a film is a strange mix of emotions. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm so far out of my comfort zone it's like I'm on another planet, stark naked without a spaceship to fly me home or any weapons to defend myself should I need to. But at the same time, it's exciting, not knowing what's going to happen or who's going to sign on the dotted line to join us on our epic quest.

I'm staying away from the stuff I know nothing about and which I'm clearly going to struggle with, like finance, estimated sales and anything that requires a calculator to work out, or a degree in law to read. Instead, I'm concentrating on the sales side, selling our dream of the finished film to others and working hard to help add cast and crew to aid us on our way, in any way I can.

And then there's the act of raising finance, the hard part of persuading people to part with their hard earned money, convincing them our little film has the potential to make it big and return their investment with interest. When this phase starts, that at least will be in my comfort zone.

And we already have some good news for you... we have our director. Welcome, Giles Alderson!

It's a forward step, a big one, and we're now hoping everything else will fall into place. We also have a letter of intent from an exciting young actor earmarked for one of the main roles, but I can't talk about that at the moment. Exciting times are ahead.

I'm sure it won't all go this smoothly, it's still very early days, but as I said, it's a forward step and as long as we keep moving forward we'll get this great movie made. Stick with us, it'll be worth it.

Happy writing!

No comments: