Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Great Writers' Strike Rip Off

So America had a writers' strike last year and British fans, like myself, of the imported shows lost out on half a season of episodes. Now we're set to lose out again, pocket wise this time.

Battlestar Galactica season 4 (10 episodes), Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles season 1 (9 episodes) and Heroes season 2 (11 episodes) are three examples of what I'm talking about. Battlestar Galactica season 3 had 20 episodes and season 4 only half that, but yet the RRP for season 3 was £49.99 and season 4 £34.99.

Now I know my maths is worse than my English, but even I know £34.99 isn't half of £44.99.

Heroes is the same. Season 1 £59.99 and season 2 £34.99.

The American studios lost out last year, so now they're making us pay for it.

I think I'll wait until they go down in price before I dip my hand in my pocket.

2 comments:

Phill Barron said...

Tag!

http://phillbarron.wordpress.com/2008/10/22/procrastination-meme/

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, I will bouycot and consider other means to get the shows I want, eg scrubs 11 eps 227min AU$42, where all the otehr seasons 22 eps 507min and sell for AU$25, look at Supernatural S3, they want AU$65 for half the eps, when season 1 & 2 were double the Eps for half the price. This is a scam and I will bouycot bouycot bouycot and they wonder why ppl download.