Monday, July 23, 2007

I Need A (nother) Vacation

Well I'm back. My week of rest turned into a week of being ill. The first Saturday I got bitten on the eye ball by a bug and had to put up with it swelling up and distorting my vision. It was like looking through a goldfish bowl for a day. Thankfully the Piriton did its job.

Then on the Tuesday I went for a walk with my parents who were visiting, and I collapsed. I had to be rushed to hospital with a suspected heart problem. They kept me in over night and did loads of tests (I have six puncture wounds from needles) and they concluded that my heart was fine but that I have viral pleurisy. Nice! So the rest of the week was spent doing bugger all except for resting. As I've always said, fresh air and exercise are bad for you. I think I've proved my point.

I did have one good bit of news last week and that is a possible commission from a regional TV station. So my week was not a total loss.

What have you lot been up to while I've been away?

6 comments:

Jason Arnopp said...

Christ, never mind us, sir. Viral pleurisy? Collapsing? Just stop it, do you hear me? :-S

Paul Campbell said...

Blimey! You should take a bit more care of yourself! Hope you're fully recovered by now.

Dominic Carver said...

Still feeling rough. Went back to work last night and really struggled late on, but I'm still alive and that's what counts. I'm invincible, don't you know.

Andy Phillips said...

Good luck with the TV thing, and look after yourself.

Phill Barron said...

Hmm, viral pleurisy in the same week you potentially get a TV commission? Dom, your karma is perfectly balanced - good and bad in equal amounts. If you actually get the commission, you'll probably lose an eye or something.

It's writing or your health - choose writing.

martin said...

YIKES! Hope you get well soon.

Since you asked how we're going, I do have a bit of a slight cough myself...