Friday, April 27, 2012

INDUSTRIAL SCRIPTS - MAKING THE LOW-BUDGET FEATURE FILM

As if my working week wasn't busy enough I decided today to go to Industrial Scripts' - Making The Low-Budget Feature Film training course in London on Sunday and have just booked my ticket. All very last minute.

Why you may ask? Well for two reasons really. The first is because if I know what goes into making a low-budget film it will help to understand the constraints low-budget film makers face. It will also help me package my low budget screenplays better. Secondly, and most importantly for me, it's a room full of producers and directors...as a screenwriter it's an opportunity I can't afford to miss.

The training day costs £156.99, but even if I sell just one screenplay, or get one commission out of it, it will have paid for itself. Plus I'll actually learn things too... on a Sunday... I know... crazy!!!!

No comments: