Celtx: Open Source Screenwriting Beginner's GuideI became aware of Celtx last year while working on a short film project I was commissioned for. It looked like a good bit of kit, but I already had an excellent piece of writing software and didn't require another one, nor did I have the time to learn how to use a new program. Then I became aware of Celtx: Open Source Screenwriting Beginner's Guide so I thought I'd give it a go.
The eBook was extremely helpful and I was able to learn as I went along. It's an easy read well laid out and it's very easy to find exactly what you're looking for. The book covers everything from your computer requirements, loading the software, the basics through to advanced use. The more I read of the book the more I discovered I could do with Celtx (even aspects of the software as a writer I will never use, but which will be extremely valuable to those looking for a complete production package). The book was so good I even recommended it to the person who first told me about Celtx and even he discovered things he never knew he could do before.
Although I only used the book to learn how to use screenwriting side of the software it does also teach you a lot more about exactly what Celtx is capable of on the production side of things and anyone who has Celtx, or is thinking of getting it, should really get the book as it will definitely help them make the most of the software.
Here are some of the features you can expect from the book.
- An illustrative guide to writing and formatting professional scripts and screenplays in the only way acceptable to Hollywood producers and agents
- Work with all the powerful tools of Celtx to come up with brilliant scripts for films, documentaries, stage plays, even comic book scripts
- Master other pre-production planning features including storyboarding, scheduling, and casting
- Maximize the power of Celtx with helpful tips about both the software and how to sell your completed work
- Part of Packt's beginner's guide series – practical, simple, and illustrative
- eBook available as PDF and ePub downloads